Job Title: Graduate/Junior Java Developer
Location: City, St Pauls
Type: Permanent Full Time
Vermilion Software, the world leader in Client Reporting, is looking to hire a Graduate/Junior Java Developer into its expanding strategic development team located in its newly refurbished London HQ. Vermilion, recently recognised in The Sunday Times Tech Track 100, are undertaking a redesign of their core product to take advantage of advances in key technologies and new design capabilities in order to drive sales in UK, US and Asian markets.
The main roles and responsibilities for this London based Graduate/Junior Java Developer role are:
- Analysis, design, implementation, test and support of enterprise-level web services in an Agile environment
- Enhancement and support of existing systems
- Provide detailed documentation
- Contributes to development of standards and techniques
- Contribute to all aspects of application design and architecture – high performance design, scalability, redundancy, coding, caching mechanisms, security, encryption, state management, error logging, debugging, scalability, code reviews, development environment configuration, and testing.
The qualities we’re looking for are:
- Self-motivated individual.
- Driven to produce high quality results and can inspire others to meet the same standards
- Great team focus and contribution – can demonstrate occasions when their input to a team has really made the difference.
- 2.1+ Degree in Computer Sciences or other relevant course
- Java programming experience and a keen interest in developing those skills and following a career in IT
The skills that you will learn are:
- GWT (Google Web Toolkit)
- Enterprise Java
- Java Persistence API (JPA)/EJB3/Hibernate
- Agile (JIRA)
- HTML 5/ CSS 3
- Web App Development
- SSO/Online Security
- Business Analysis
- Struts Framework
- SQL 2005/2008
- Test Driven Development
If this exciting Graduate/Junior Java Developer opportunity sounds of interest, please send your CV in the first instance to email@example.com